Every Tuesday, Skills for Life Assemblies are held to different year groups by a variety of people. We host these assemblies to all year groups and they consist of people from different industries, a variety of further education establishments and to focus around preparing student for their future both with regards to their careers choices but to support them in preparing for life after their time with us.
Through these assemblies we ensure students are exposed to a range of careers, industries and pathways to really open their eyes to the vast opportunities available to them in their future. We believe that this not only inspires students but also raises their aspirations for themselves and the aspirations of those around them.
We are always so appreciative of these inspirational people giving up their time and during the assembly we ask them to discuss the following:
- A description of your Industry or profession
- Please outline ALL the career opportunities from basic non-qualified roles to university entrance
- Please indicate the school qualifications necessary and the subjects required
- Please stress the “soft skills” and disciplines required in the workplace
- Please be interesting, amusing and exciting!
We are always looking for new speakers to talk to our students so if you feel able to support us then please do get in contact.