Our Vision and Approach in Maths
At Greenacre Academy (GA), our Mathematics curriculum is designed to provide students with
opportunity to acquire deep and powerful knowledge required to develop fluency, reason
mathematically and to solve familiar and non- familiar problems.
Our vision is to support students make excellent progress and passionately enjoy mathematics
regardless of background. We nurture cultural capital which makes links to students and other
experience and successes within a mathematics context.
GA students will be prepared for plethora of opportunities to utilise their knowledge and to challenge
wide variety of problems solving opportunities that they will encounter in their lives. Ourstudents will
achieve excellent academic outcomes with in-depth knowledge and skills to progress to high quality
further education and careers.
How you can support your child’s learning in Maths
• Make sure they understand the concepts clearly and can explain them to you in their own words
• Teach him to write clearly and neatly. Tracing letters or writing on graph paper will improve his
• Review math vocabulary to ensure they can define the skills they are learning.
• Promote putting down the calculator. Computing math problems in his head will reinforce
concepts more quickly.
• Check to make sure your child is approaching their homework properly.
• Encourage them to tackle more than just the assigned problems.
• Do they really know it? If they can answer a basic math question within three seconds, they have
mastered the concept. Try drills and flash cards to get them up to speed.
• Sparx maths https://sparxmaths.com/
Recommended Revision Guides:
• AQA GCSE Mathematics: Higher (Oxford Revise: Maths) Complete Revision and Practice
• AQA GCSE Mathematics: Foundation (Oxford Revise: Maths) Complete Revision and Practice