Preparing you for the Future
“To nurture and develop all people in our Trust so that they reach their full potential academically, vocationally and personally, including being positive role models for future generations in the community. We will achieve this by providing high quality values-based education that cultivates employability and life skills making our schools the first choice for young people, staff, parents, carers and employers.”
We want all our students to have the essential skills for their future whatever they decide to do;
- Confident and equipped with soft skills
- Equipped with life skills so they can be independent
- Understand their role in the community and wider society
- Secondary students to be the first choice for employers
- To be aware of the world and different cultures
- Have a good knowledge of the workplace and how to behave
We are passionate about inspiring our students to be the best they can be and to ‘reach for the stars’ in their future career choice. It is our aim to provide them with the best careers advice they deserve and need. This is delivered in many ways;
- Business mentors are allocated to help with workplace skills, CV’s and job interviews.
- Work experience in both year 10 and 12 organised within a chosen industry.
- Careers guidance offered in year 11 and sixth form.
- Careers workshops in years 9 and 10.
- Our Design and Technology Department which offers industry qualifications in a variety of trades.
- Courses on Sales and Customer Service
- Regular Skills for Life/Career Assemblies are held by a variety of individuals, businesses and organisations to widen the students’ knowledge of the outside world and to give them an insight into the many different jobs that are available.
- Regular events held with local universities.
- External competitions e.g. Solutions for the Planet, Future voices.
- STEM days and activities.
- Interview days e.g. Lloyds, BAE Systems and Department for Work and Pensions.
- Community work – The HUB and Walderslade Social Club.
- Attending apprenticeship and UCAS events.
We started our Skills for Life programme to help to achieve our mission by embedding the values within the curriculum and daily lessons and we believe we are well on our way to making this happen.
Our strategy is an integral part of our school, equipping students with the vital skills they need for secondary school and adult life. We believe that every student can reach their potential and our caring and dedicated staff will allow them to achieve this.
Students should become valuable and fully rounded member of society who treat others with respect and tolerance, regardless of background.