Help support your daughter – Get started on eDofE here
Walderslade Girls’ School offers this prestigious award at Bronze level from Year 9 and at Silver level from Year 10
Bronze / Silver Award – Year 9 and upwards
Participants can achieve an Award by completing a personal programme of activities in four sections:
- Volunteering: undertaking service to individuals or the community
- Physical: improving in an area of sport, dance or fitness activities
- Skills: developing practical and social skills and personal interests
- Expedition: planning, training for and completion of an adventurous journey
Activities for each DofE section take a minimum of one hour a week over a set period of time, so they can be fitted in around academic study, hobbies and social lives.
- Volunteering section: three months
- Physical section: three months
- Skills section: three months
- Expedition section: two days / one night
- You also have to do three more months in one of the Volunteering, Physical or Skills sections.
- Volunteering section: six months
- Physical and Skills sections: One section for six months and the other section for three months
- Expedition section: three days / two nights
- If you didn’t do Bronze, you must undertake a further six months in either the Volunteering or the longer of the Physical or Skills sections.
The expedition on foot is planned by the students and a practice one undertaken prior to the assessed one. These are held at Bexon Lane Campsite.